View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 CCFBG Membership...NEW Perks 
Operations Team

Post CCFBG Membership...NEW Perks
Wow!

CCFBG (Camaro Country F-Body Group) car club membership has it's perks!

I got this membership year so far:
Labour & parts discount at New Roads GM for replacing my stock in my G8, a Blaupunkt faceplate...DAMN GERMAN ENGINEERING!!!;

a parts discount at PartSource Brampton;

got a deal on my new 19" winter rims & Pirelli winter tires package for my Camaro from Jerry at 2010 Tire & Wheelz;

got a discount at Krown Bolton for the rustproofing the Camaro;

& just yesterday a steal of a deal on labour for an oil change & rear end axle fluid change for my LSD on my Camaro at a local sponsor's garage.

All for only the $20 per membership year.

:shock: :D

Former G8 owner :(

RIP Sunday, Oct 6, '13
1 of 3,681 in Panther Black Metallic '09 Pontiac Pontiac G8 GT (with L76 6.0L small block V8 engine & a 6L80 tranny)

1 of 970 '09 Pontiac G8 GT's in the country (Canada)

Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:41 am
CCFBG Club Member

Post Re: CCFBG Membership...
Curious why you changed the rear diff fluid already? I couldve sworn the manual says it's good for 50k MILES between changes. I know theirs no initial 'break in' interval listed in the manual for the diff.

I guess it's not a bad thing to do either...did you make sure to put a friction modifier in the diff too?

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: BTR Cam, Long Tubes, 3" Catback, UDP, CAI Intake, Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Poly Diff Bushings, Toe Arms, Poly Subframe, Poly Radius-Rod bushings, ZL1 Suede Shifter, ZL1 Mounts, Arun Tuned - 475rwhp 443rwtq
11.97 @ 116 w/ 1.85 60'

Listen To Song Of My People!

Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
Operations Team

Z28 MeTaL HeAd wrote:
Curious why you changed the rear diff fluid already? I couldve sworn the manual says it's good for 50k MILES between changes. I know theirs no initial 'break in' interval listed in the manual for the diff.

I guess it's not a bad thing to do either...did you make sure to put a friction modifier in the diff too?

I wanted to get any break-in metals out.

Yes, I used the GM part #'s for the lube & additive.

See: http://www.ringpinion.com/TechnicalHelp/TechHelp.aspx#43

Quote:
What is the break-in procedure for a new set of gears?

All new gear sets require a break-in period to prevent damage from overheating. After driving the first 15 or 20 miles it is best to let the differential cool before proceeding. I recommend at least 500 miles before towing. I also recommend towing for very short distances (less than 15 miles) and letting the differential cool before continuing during the first 45 towing miles. This may seem unnecessary but I have seen many differentials damaged from being loaded before the gear set was broken in.
I also recommend changing the gear oil after the first 500 miles. This will remove any metal particles or phosphorus coating that has come from the new gear set.

Quote:
How often should I change my differential oil?

For a normal, daily driven, vehicles we advise that you change the differential oil every 50,000 miles. For vehicles that are hard worked, such as trucks that do a lot of heavy towing, we advise that you change the differential oil every 15,000 miles.

The owner's manual says the Camaro SS don't have a differential cooler (not counting the 1LE Performance package).
& if you were to track or race the Camaro SS...change your fluid every 24-hours of usage on the track.

PS: I guess that is why the GM owner's manual said to keep the rpm's down to less than 4K & speed less than 130 km for about 2500 km, & not to tow or go road course racing yet.

Former G8 owner :(

RIP Sunday, Oct 6, '13
1 of 3,681 in Panther Black Metallic '09 Pontiac Pontiac G8 GT (with L76 6.0L small block V8 engine & a 6L80 tranny)

1 of 970 '09 Pontiac G8 GT's in the country (Canada)

Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:59 pm
CCFBG Club Member

Meh I build it to break it then make it stronger with ford parts LOL

My FQuick
My Garage

THE MISSISSAUGA CHAPTER

Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:51 am
Forum Moderator

Post Re: CCFBG Membership...NEW Perks
This just in......

You can use your CCFBG membership card to post $10,000 bail

As an added bonus, GM will give you a free Camaro SS for 6 months to all CCFBG members...just show them your membership.

Show your CCFBG card along with pink underwear and tie to get FREE tickets to Megaspeed...limited time offer.

AND.....get to drive a C7 at the Corvette museum....hurry, cars are falling every day... :rotflol

Just rolling with the dog pound...

Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:13 pm
CCFBG Club Member

Post Re: CCFBG Membership...NEW Perks
I need the bail part. man membership has its privliges

My FQuick
My Garage

THE MISSISSAUGA CHAPTER

Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]