View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 New updates 
Membership Director

Post Re: Is it spring yet?
Cutouts added :)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10155454881785643&pnref=story

Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:11 pm
CCFBG Club Member

that sounds insanely awesome. your neighbours are going to love you.lol

Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:51 am
CCFBG Club Member

Sounds awesome!

No officer. The NASCAR engine sound was not coming from the 640 hp Camaro. It was coming from that, there, Toyota! 8)

Cheers,
Ken

Previously - 1996 Z-28, 1989 Pontiac GTA, 1985 5.7 IROC Z-28, 1976 Camaro LT, 1974 Trans Am 455HO, 1974 Z-28, 1967 Firebird Sprint,
1967 Camaro 230 cu-in 140-hp "Blue Flame" straight six with a 2-speed powerglide.

Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:46 pm
Membership Director

SLICKRIDE wrote:
that sounds insanely awesome. your neighbours are going to love you.lol

Sounds so much better in real...ya, neighbours will love us again this year - with my Camaro, Jason's cammed Mustang and his Hayabusa with Termignoni exhaust..its gonna be a fun summer ;)

Kensredzed wrote:
Sounds awesome!
No officer. The NASCAR engine sound was not coming from the 640 hp Camaro. It was coming from that, there, Toyota! 8)

Cheers,
Ken

We have three cops who live on our crescent alone...a bunch more who live in our little town...and one of them lives right across the street...we have always been given compliments on how with six kids in the house that our house and kids are so quiet....we are making up for it now....hahaha ;)

Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:22 pm
Senior Forum User

Rumble rumble gooooooooodness :mrgreen:

1987 IROC ww 99 LS1,TR224/112, STG2 heads ported by American Speed, P Gold springs, LS6 intake, SVO 30's, Ported TB, Comp Cromo Push rods, Katech Rod bolts, LS6 oil pump, T56, SW LT's, 8.8 hybrid rear 3.73, 275/40/17 MT ET streets, lots more
12.1 @ 112 mph 1.69 60'

89 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car all stock.

Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:21 pm
Membership Director

Post Re: Is it spring yet? Updated
just a bit of an update on the car and our experience. Feel free to share.

https://www.facebook.com/momofsix/posts/10158229545925643:0

If you cannot open the link, let me know.

Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:44 pm
Membership Director

Post Re: New updates
Ok, so Dasilva had our review removed. So here it is again, minus his response.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.598321533699994&type=1

Again, feel free to share.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:03 pm
CCFBG Club Member

no facebook for me............you will have to fill me in.

I have heard lots of rumors though...

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
Membership Director

Biggest mistake for anyone would be to go to Dasilva Motorsports. Most of you know, our car had extensive work done at Dasilva – in the area of $60,000. A lot have already heard and saw what happened to our car, as well as many other cars/trucks. I don’t even know where to start. We have pictures, videos and every part of our car documented by multiple professional respected shops. We have promises from Manny that all the other similar stories were not true and people just hate on him and make up stories and lies about him, his work and his shop. Manny is the one who lies and makes up stories for you to believe him and trust him. He pretends to be your friend. Most know our relationship with Manny seemed more of a friendship than a business relationship, we even went to dinner with him and his wife. We trusted him. We had faith in him. We defended him to many others who heard bad stories about Dasilva. We recommended and promoted him to everyone. Quoted by Manny “we are friends, not clients”.

He sold us parts that were never ever installed. Let’s start with the $10,000 (cash) stage IV tranny he billed us for that blew less than 2k later. Then he billed us another $2,000 to fix the tranny. Turns out it was not a built, stage IV tranny from PATC, confirmed, photographed and documented. Our $10,000 tranny was a stock tranny with a shift kit – again, fully documented. And why would a shop that knows what they are doing install a stage IV tranny in an automatic car running 700+ rwhp with a 3200 stall with no tranny cooler? I was told that a 3200 stall would not change the street drivability of the car. Again, maybe people know how a 3200 stall drives, but I didn’t and so I asked, in an email. The 3200 stall did not drive anything like a normal car. The stall was also garbage, totally destroyed. He installed a ZL1 fuel pump with no module. The fuel pump upgrade was useless without the module, no different than a stock pump. Ported and polished heads? Maybe ported by a 2-year-old with a Dremel. What next, timing chain – stock. Stock timing chain on 700+ rwhp yet we paid for a C5R timing chain. Promised a blower cam – turns out to be an N/A cam that took four guys to remove from the engine, with the engine out of the car. Want to see the cam damage caused? This on top of the damage caused to the engine from the bad tuning? Multiple times. Again, confirmed, photographed and documented. We put more O2 sensors in the car than we did engine oil. Butchering of the main engine wiring harness was why the car was throwing engine codes and blowing main under the hood fuses constantly, meaning constant trips back to Dasilva. There were times we didn’t even make it home for Dasilva after he fixed something. Got home one time to find the cut-outs were wired backwards – one opening while the other was closing. Still looking for the x-pipe that we were billed for. Hammers were used to put the exhaust on – all dented and caved in. Front end alignment that ruined a brand new set of Pirelli tires after a few thousand kilometers- we were told by Manny the weight of the supercharger is what caused the tires to wear so badly so fast. Dave also gave us this same explanation, right to our face. Then there is the paint – After the third attempt at paint, got a text from Manny saying the paint was perfect this time. Absolute garbage paint job and everyone who has seen it, comments about the poor paint job. There is so much more.

People always asked why we were back at Dasilva’s with the car so many times – we kept giving Manny the benefit of the doubt. We must apologize to anyone that went to Dasilva on our recommendation. We also apologize for taking so long to write about our experience and for defending him for some long. Read his reviews and you will see a review left by Manny himself. Pretty desperate if you need to leave your own review or Google Reviews has at least one review by his own employee.

Manny has refused to acknowledge us or any of the issues. His response is typical to what he told others – quoted “go play your game somewhere else”. This is not a game - he has tarnished the livelihood of the car modifying industry, he has ruined my love and pride in my car, as it has taken every bit of our savings that we had to first build the car, and now rebuild it and fix everything.

This is the review left on Dasilva's Facebook page and also on Google reviews. Dasilva did reply, denying the paint had ever been touched by Dasilva, claiming the car ran perfect when it left their shop, claiming that there was a gas module and that we should check with the shop who did work subsequent to them for where the module went. He claimed that he has invoices for our $10,000 tranny. He claimed that the wire issues were caused by a chaffing problem with the engine cover, that his shop modified to fit. He claimed the cam was the proper cam with a paper trail. He also claimed that it was a certain shop that was trying to ruin his reputation, which we pointed out in our reply it was not who he was thinking. We did use multiple shops for everything.

This is our reply to him -

Firstly, it would have been nice for Manny himself to respond. We know that is not him. But we have his true response in an email. We all know how Manny handles himself online – Screenshot is an amazing tool.

If you are referring to Champion Motors, sorry, they did not take the car apart or rebuild it; they only finished up the fuel, wiring and tuning. If you are referring to the shop in Waterloo, wrong again – a “disgruntled ex-employee” did not touch the car. We were smart enough to use neutral shops that had nothing to gain by us taking our car to them. I did say multiple shops – tranny went to a tranny shop, converter went to a converter shop, engine went to an engine shop, etc.

The car never ran perfectly when it left your shop; you know that, we know that and a lot of other people know that. Your business neighbors know that.

There was no invoice given to us for the tranny as remember, that was a 'cash' job. PATC has also confirmed with us and sent us copies of all parts ordered by you in the time frame that our tranny was built and rebuilt. PATC was very helpful. If a built PATC tranny worth $10,000 blew after 2k, it would have been warrantied through PATC, but you billed us. We do have our $10,000 tranny, in a box, in pieces in our garage. Along with the tranny shop written report on what was found when they took it apart. Again, a neutral shop – not who you are thinking.

Maybe you forget who ordered the ZL1 fuel pump – our son, who you know works for a GM dealer. If there was a module that we needed, it would have been ordered through him and brought along with the fuel pump for you to install, which it was not. Not sure why you would even think the shop after you would remove a module. I would personally tread lightly there as the shop would not take that accusation too lightly.

There were a lot more issues with the wiring harness than just at the engine cover. Even the engine cover issue – you modified and custom fit the engine cover.

See attached photos regarding cam, ported and polished heads, etc.

Attached are also photos of my car in your paint shop. In fact, two years ago even when the paint booth was still in the front building. Dasilva advertises to be a “one-stop shop”. Also, you will see the text messages attached where you were looking after the paint.

After our reply with photos and videos, the review was removed by Facebook and I was blocked. He also removed the "review" part of his Facebook page so nobody can leave reviews as well as he removed the review he left for himself.

Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:40 am
Membership Director

Sorry, it is a long read...photos can be found here...I will be adding more

http://s1147.photobucket.com/user/camaross2/library/Dasilva

Here are the videos that we have attached to the review since Manny tried to say the car was running perfect when it left his shop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj1ZKeC2FhQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teN0Ld_3apo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhBQA23Gpjo

Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:53 am
CCFBG Club Member

Thank you Jason............I hope the post does not get removed this time !

Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

lotsatas wrote:

Paul, I will promise you and everyone else it will not be removed by any of the Admin.

I have seen enough of this over the years and it's a shame what has happen here.

Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:00 pm
Membership Director

So it is off Facebook again. This time, my Facebook user account was "locked". Too bad, there were a lot of people who shared it and/or commented on the original post as well as the shared posts. So many people with so many stories from Dasilva...

update - contacted Facebook, had to submit photo ID and got my account back so the story is back on Facebook along with all the shares :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.598321533699994&type=1

Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:53 pm
Forum Moderator

Zdrrguy wrote:
lotsatas wrote:

Paul, I will promise you and everyone else it will not be removed by any of the Admin.

I have seen enough of this over the years and it's a shame what has happen here.

Since the Victim this time was the post deleter last time, I believe it is safe to say it will stay up for all to learn of his families nightmare

Jason so sorry for the stress and loss of finances, gotta be a hard pill to swallow, I hope you and your family get it dealt with, get some finances back for the headache and get your ride all fixed up right this time

I guess it Explains though now why Mr.M was so angry and freaking out last time demanding the thread be deleted, eh ;)
Simple bit of life I have noticed over the years, when one has got stuff to hide then one tends to panic, scream and make threats just like he did , but when you got nothing to hide, you debate the issue and try to resolve it with the former client...

Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:00 pm
Membership Director

This was definitely a hard lesson learned. The strain this has put on our family and our marriage is unbelievable. The financial set back we will likely never recover from. The first lawyer we spoke with told us that we had to get the car in good running condition and everything fixed so we would have the bills to prove what it cost to fix. We found out afterwards that this is not true - quotes and estimates would have worked, although without taking the car apart, we also could not have gotten all the documentation that the parts were not there.

There is a lot more going on at this point, but because this is a public part of the forum, and we know someone is watching, whether it is him or his little followers, we have to watch what we say here and do not want to give too many heads up to him what is coming.

The post was removed off Facebook again, well, apparently only Canadians are unable to see it.

Attachment:
Capture.11222PNG.PNG
Capture.11222PNG.PNG [ 94 KiB | Viewed 13546 times ]

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next