View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 CCFBG Closing 
Senior Forum User

Post CCFBG Closing
For all who are not CCFBG club members, and may not have received the email notice, Mark has announced that CCFBG is closing down.
This means there will be no more club run events like the Spring and Fall shows and this website will eventually close.
I cannot remember exactly when I moved the Board to the new webhost, so I cannot say when this site will go offline.

If you have any pictures on the site, or posts you would like to save, I suggest you copy them ASAP.
I have completed a final backup of the site and Gallery, (over 2GB !) and will archive the data.

By pure coincidence, I recently launched the Toronto Trans Ams forum for local Firebird owners.
While not a club, TOTAS was launched to give local Firebird enthusiasts a place to communicate, and we are arranging some cruise events.

Camaro enthusiasts will most likely find the Ontario Camaro Club for local Camaro events.

There were some great times at CCFBG under Mark and Kelly's leadership, and we wish them all the best in their new ventures.

Wheelman
http://totas.ca/forum

Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:10 am
Profile WWW
CCFBG Club Member

Post Re: CCFBG Closing
Well this is really sad news...I know Mark and Kelly committed a massive amount of personal time and energy to start, run and maintain a great club and fantastic events. All I can say is a huge thank you to Mark, Kelly and the supporting cast of the club... McVetty's, Wheelman, Lotsatas, Redrider, The Project, Momofsix and more I'm prolly forgetting a few. There's a ton of members I'd like to mention as well but I could go on and on with that list...Bottom line is I had a blast with a great bunch of people, and have some great friends as a result...oh yeah, some way cool cars here too!
Best of luck to everyone and hope to see ya when I see ya...keep them wheels spinning!

CURRENTLY INBETWEEN RIDES

Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:44 am
Forum Moderator

Sad day. This club was a great accomplishment. I couldnt come to many of the shows due to distance and time but I came to the site
All the time. Its too bad the message board cant be preserved. Its really a great resource and way to stay in touch.

Thanks Mark and Kelly.

1994 Corvette Z07

Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:08 am
Senior Forum User

Wow! This forum was so important and so many new friends I made during a few rough years of my life! Nothing lasts forever but its a sad day
Thanks Mark ,Kelly , Scott and everyone who helped out. Cars brought us together but the friendships will continue beyond the forums

Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:57 pm
CCFBG Club Member

Sad to see it shut down, thanks for all you have done Mark and Kelly along with the Club Execs and the Moderators.

A few of us came over as refugees from SOGM so thanks again for having us.

May all your roads be smooth and keep the shiny side up.

Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Senior Forum User

Many great years and plenty of good effort. Its a LOT of work to run a car club, and many come and go its not the end, just another chapter in the book of the gear head lifestyle. The MB is solid and still fun imo, good people around and worthy of carrying on. I can attest to relaunches of other sites that it is VERY difficult in these times to traffic users to a new board and this one is known, just as SOGM was ( fun spot too eh Tom haha ) and some of us will be around to help trouble shoot tech and offer tales of similar if it stays running. Plus brand concerns over time.... gain in value.

But if it closes up, it closes up, so wishing you all the best and see you guys around. Best regards

cam

1987 IROC ww 99 LS1,TR224/112, STG2 heads ported by American Speed, P Gold springs, LS6 intake, SVO 30's, Ported TB, Comp Cromo Push rods, Katech Rod bolts, LS6 oil pump, T56, SW LT's, 8.8 hybrid rear 3.73, 275/40/17 MT ET streets, lots more
12.1 @ 112 mph 1.69 60'

89 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car all stock.

Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:59 am
Senior Forum User

There is a lot of speculation and jumping to conclusions going on at the moment.

Please everyone just be patient.

I have not heard the fat lady singing just yet.

There are several members that have volunteered to take over the club and I have offered to continue managing the website.
Whether of not it continues under the CCFBG banner, or a new name, is not known yet.

Regardless, everyone will be informed by email when we have something to report.

Wheelman

Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]