View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Blower experts? 
Senior Forum User

Post Blower experts?
Hello!... was wondering if anyone has roots style experience. as some of you know, last year I ripped a part of my supercharger belt, which caused me to modify and cut 2 of the 10 ribs it originally had. so for the past year I've been driving it on 8 ribs. last year when the belt was not ripped, I ran 7.4 LB boost, and the gauge would constantly read 5 lb ( I was told this is normal ) however. I had a few oil leaks on the supercharger, so I had rebuilt the whole thing with new bearings, gaskets, seals etc. But ever since I rebuild it, the needle on the gauge flutters between 1-3 very quickly. I replaced the belt last night with Metalhead and took it around the block, and the gauge does NOT read past 3-4 lb. it still flutters quickly but is not giving the full boost. I don't know if the belt is slipping, or if there's some kind of rotor adjustment that needs to be made ? jay suggested I look for any possibly boost leaks so I will do that today.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]