View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Carb opinions? 
Senior Forum User

Post Carb opinions?
My carb is starting to go for crap, and I'm looking at picking up a new one.
I have a Demon 750 on the motor right now, but I think that might even be a bit overkill size-wise.

I've heard Demon's have gone down a lot quality wise [heard a nice story about that from Mr. Bastard hah]. Holley seems to be the majority of what people recommend, but I wanted some opinions.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:03 pm
Senior Forum User

Very happy with my 750 holley 4160 on my 355ci , size is not the main concerne if you tune your carb for what your engine wants.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:39 pm
CCFBG Club Member

i always ran 750 holley on my 350's and some 800 edelbrock, i never used to be a holley guy but they are so tunable i am now.

9.06@155 mph, small block pump gas with 3.42's bird
8.14@166 mph, big block on 250 shot monza

Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:00 am
CCFBG Club Member

Holley and Demon are good carbs.But like any other part you need to check it or get it checked before you put it on.

Without knowing you application or combo its impossible to make a suggestion on size though

Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:23 am
Senior Forum User

HOLLEY DOUBLE PUMPER!! DO IT!! and if you can afford it, get the HP series as they are very highly tunable if you have an AFR gauge and some spare time. and size was, it seems to be a debatable topic, some people say that the carb size is relevant to how much hp you wanna make in relation to your redline, some people say its a mathematical equation relevant to you camshaft grind, heads, and displacement. Id say do what mr bastard does, slap a 750 and see how it goes. BUT don't forget you should TUNE it. slapping a carb on will not make the car run better just like that. Alot of these carbs come OUT of the box ( pretuned ) just generally for your average engine, sorta like a universal fit. However, every engine is different, and once you have the carb tuned it will make all the difference in the world. it'll feel like a completely different motor!

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]