View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 TPI tuning issue, need prom read 
Forum User

Post TPI tuning issue, need prom read
Hi All,

I've picked up some bits to do a little tuning to my 87 IROC. I did some datalogging earlier this week and found its not running as well as it should. I bought an Ostrich 2.0 to tune with, but when I went to install it today, I found that there is a chip in there that has been modded. I'd like to know what the current chip has done to it. I don't have a reader to see what is on it. Is there someone local that could pull the bin off it for me?

I have some logs for the car, I can't upload them to the forum though. Car smells rich at idle and it idles poorly. When cold low rpm driving is a bit sluggish. When warm and at part throttle car seems to run fine. I'm still learning, but the BLMs are always fairly high, 132-150 in part throttle to WOT driving. This would indicate its running lean yes?

Car has a 355, LT4 hot cam, stock TPI intake, aftermarket ignition, full exhaust, SLP 1 3/4 shortie headers

Wed May 16, 2012 6:16 pm
Forum User

Post Re: TPI tuning issue, need prom read
Well, what ever was done to that chip, it must not have been done very well. I loaded a stock $32b bin in the ostrich and the car idles and drives much nicer than before. I took it out for a short 15 minute drive last night and data logged the run. For the most part the BLMs were not too bad, in the 128-140 range the whole run. Needs a little work, but I think I am better off starting from scratch vs using what was in there before.

Thu May 17, 2012 10:51 am
Forum User

Post Re: TPI tuning issue, need prom read
Keep us posted on how it goes.

Sun May 20, 2012 7:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]