View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Looking for engine rebuilder in gta area 
CCFBG Club Member

Post Looking for engine rebuilder in gta area
Hello to all. Does anyone recommends an engine rebuilder with reputable reputations within gta area.
Looking to get 383 stroker built on my motor

Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:57 pm
CCFBG Club Member

Post Re: Looking for engine rebuilder in gta area
I'd always dealt with Charles (Chuck) Beatty at Beatty & Woods in Mississauga (Bramalea and Steeles).
His son Jeff is running the show these days (at least he was the last time I dealt with them in the fall of 2012).
They've always given us a fair deal and we've never had any troubles with the half dozen or so Gen 1 SBCs we've brought there.
I just checked out their facebook page with some recent postings so they're still a going concern.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:52 pm
CCFBG Club Member

Thank you skinny z, looking to get 383 built this summer

Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:05 pm
CCFBG Club Member

Not only do they have a good reputation (although I suppose someone may have something to say about anyone) I found that they were reasonably priced on parts too. The basic stuff you might order from Summit or Jegs would be matched by them so it was a good deal all around.
My current short block is one of their builds. It was in a 67 Chevelle for several hard seasons. Built with a GM steel crank, Elgin rods and Speed-Pro hypereutectic pistons, it was hauled out after about 15 000 kms (still had excellent oil pressure) and was refreshed. No need for an overbore beyond the .030" it had. Crank stayed uncut too. It's been in my Camaro for almost 30 000 kms more. Oil pressure is 30+ plus at idle (warm), pegs at 75 when cold and will hold 60 psi fully warmed up at cruising speed.
Tell them Kevin from up in Barrie sent you. Or they'd remember Andy from Whitby too.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:01 pm
Senior Forum User

B&W is solid. We gave them a pile of cores over the years. Astro automotive and machine is also excellent. Beware slow.

Eagle engines in Concord too great guys. Heard good things about Nash, never used em, dunno. Got my ass handed to me once by a 4th gen when i had my Mustang that was built by Rolling Thunnderz performance engines, not sure if they are still in business though but damn quick engines.

1987 IROC ww 99 LS1,TR224/112, STG2 heads ported by American Speed, P Gold springs, LS6 intake, SVO 30's, Ported TB, Comp Cromo Push rods, Katech Rod bolts, LS6 oil pump, T56, SW LT's, 8.8 hybrid rear 3.73, 275/40/17 MT ET streets, lots more
12.1 @ 112 mph 1.69 60'

89 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car all stock.

Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]