View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Official Fastest Canadian Cars Thread 
Junior Forum User

Post The Official Fastest Canadian Cars Thread
Just a little competition we're having to see who is the fastest on a few of the other forums- thought I would bring it here so we actually can find out who has the fastest cars in Canada.

Just looking to have a little fun with everyone and create a few rivalries and kinda liven up the boards and up the competition terms between everyone...

Alright ladies and Gentlemen... Finally, I got the bugs all worked out (I think). And I am ready to open the polls to start the bragging rights.

I am *hoping* this might get stickied so that it doesn't get lost at the end of the race season or during slow periods

We got 5 categories right now (click the category for the link to the times), if there is a need to further break things down, or get more categories for other engines/vehicles/etc going, then we can address that to. Home page that links to all of the records will be located here: http://highperformancejunkies.com/racing-records

Here are the common rules that pertain to every single class:

• Tuning is allowed on all vehicles
  • Drag radials, slicks, or street tires are always OK
  • All suspension mods are ok
  • Rear end swaps / gears are ok
  • No emissions is ok
  • Must always be a full bodied vehicle- no buggies or funny cars or that kinda thing
  • ***All times must be track proven- no accelerometer times***
  • Proof is preferred- it is 100% needed if you are breaking a record. Proof can be a video, or a timeslip with a picture of the track numbers written on your car included- or anything else that is valid. If you post a timeslip, I will copy it and post it in a direct link on my website just FYI. I will be linking to videos as well.
  • must be living in Canada or be Canadian

Ok- now for the classes

Class #1 http://highperformancejunkies.com/racing-records/fastest-canadian-bolt-on-only-f-body
Rules:
  • Car must be a 4th gen F-body with one of the factory optioned engines installed (LS1, LT1, 3.8, 3.4)
  • The car must be bolt on only and stock internals- i.e (no heads, cam, block, crankshaft, nitrous or Forced induction modifications allowed)
  • Any intake manifold is OK

Class #2 http://highperformancejunkies.com/racing-records/fastest-canadian-f-body-cam-only
Rules:
  • The car must be a 4th Generation F-body (1993-2002)
  • The F-body must have the factory optioned engine installed (LS1, LT1, 3.4, 3.8)
  • The vehicle must be stock internals- i.e (no head work other than valve springs and pushrods, no block work, crankshaft, nitrous or forced induction modifications allowed)
  • The vehicle must have a factory optioned intake manifold- LS1’s can swap LS6 intakes as this was an option in 2001-2002 in the F-body from GM

Class #3 http://highperformancejunkies.com/racing-records/fastest-canadian-ls1-cam-only
Rules:
  • The vehicle must be a factory equipped LS1 optioned vehicle and still have the LS1 installed!
  • The vehicle must be stock internals- i.e (no head work other than valve springs and pushrods, no block work, crankshaft, nitrous or forced induction modifications allowed)
  • The vehicle must have a factory optioned intake manifold- LS1’s can swap LS6 intakes as this was an option in 2001-2002 in the F-body from GM

Class #4 http://highperformancejunkies.com/racing-records/fastest-canadian-ls1-period
Rules:
  • The vehicle must be a factory optioned LS1 and still have the engine installed!
  • Anything goes, no rules- heads, cam, nitrous,forced induction, stroked, it all counts

Class #5 http://highperformancejunkies.com/racing-records/fastest-ls-swapped-vehicles
Rules:
  • The vehicle must have an LS swap done to it- any LS motor
  • LS engines have no rules- anything goes- heads, cam, intake, stroked, forced induction, nitrous, all ok

Ok- because I need to keep my sanity when inputting this information, I need everyone to copy the template I am posting below, and fill out all information on it- including which classes you want to be included in because you could apply for multiple.

*****TEMPLATE*****

Records / Classes going for (class 1,2, etc):
Vehicle:
Year:
Engine:
60':
1/8 mile and MPH:
1/4 mile and MPH:
Engine Mods:
Transmission Mods:
Suspension mods:
Race weight (if known):
Proof:

Sun May 31, 2015 5:29 pm
CCFBG Club Member

Post Re: The Official Fastest Canadian Cars Thread
Well i will break the cherry.

Records / Classes going for (class 1,2, etc):Class 1
Vehicle Pontiac Trans Am
Year:1999
Engine:LS1
60':1.729
1/8 mile and MPH:7.846 at 87.65
1/4 mile and MPH:12.332 at 109.86

Engine Mods:1 3/4 headers,PTB,LS6 Intake,SLP Lid,Free mods,Frost mail order tune
Transmission Mods:3600 FTI converter,trans cooler
Suspension mods:RLCA's,PHB,Spohn TQ Arm,Eibach drag springs front Slp Eibachs rear
Race weight (if known):3750lbs
Proof:

Sun May 31, 2015 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Junior Forum User

Post Re: The Official Fastest Canadian Cars Thread
thanks Tom- all loaded in. I got you on the other forum!

Sun May 31, 2015 9:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]