View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Car Covers 
Senior Forum User

Post Car Covers
What do you guys have for car covers? I bought one of the "premium" Simoniz ones that are on sale right now at CTC (well, three actually as their sizing is pathetic - M should have fit, but had to step up to XL) but I don't know if I'm happy with it. It has an elastic around the whole perimeter which makes a bit of a pain to put on and makes it ride up a bit on the sides. I have a cheapo Sidewind cover for the Monte that does the trick, but isn't that soft...

I've read about the Hugger covers on here and although I'm sure they are nice, I don't know if I want to spend $400 for a car cover that is only used to park a car in the winter. I was wondering what else people have used and where they've bought them? I'd like to get something I can buy locally in case I don't like it, but it seems all the "good" stuff will be mail order only.

1970 Pontiac GTO
Orbit Orange Judge Re-creation / YZ RAIII 400 / M20 4-Speed
1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
5.7 LITRE / TES Headers / SShaker Hood / WC T5 5-Speed

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

I bought an indoor /outdoor Hugger cover for my GTA. Its quality and workmanship are top notch and the fit is great. The indoor / outdoor covers cost more than the indoor ones. If you just need a dust cover for indoor storage than anything will do. I have an SLP Cover for my Z28 and its also very nice.

1994 Corvette Z07

Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:29 am
Event Director

Our cover is also from Hugger Covers.......4 years old at least now and is in great shape. We dont have a garage so she is on when ever we are not driving he car. It has kept our baby snug as a bug in a rug.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:05 am
CCFBG Club Member

I have a cheap CT one with some tribal designs on it and its fine to use indoors as mine sits in the shop all winter

My FQuick
My Garage

THE MISSISSAUGA CHAPTER

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:01 am
CCFBG Club Member

I got mine from here and was very happy with the quality, fit and price.

http://www.carmotorsports.com/car_covers.htm

I think they may be the same people who do the SLP covers. They look the same, but you can customize the logos and text. I have my ASC build number on mine.

It does have the elastic around the bottom though. You get used to that.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:54 am
CCFBG Club Member

I bought a California Cover. It is well worth the money, even if it is only for the winter. I have one of those cheap CTC ones for the Iroc and it is a real POS. Not worth the $40 or whatever it was.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:00 pm
CCFBG Club Member

I have the CTC one, the elastic is not enough to hold it in place on a windy day out doors. It needs a small improvement of having 4 grommets for cords instead of just one. And then it would be great.

It keeps the crap off the car and hugs the perimeter perfect for my GTA.

I didnt have the money to spend on the nice Hugger cover, but maybe one day.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:07 pm
Profile ICQ
Senior Forum User

Thanks guys. The cover is for a '70 GTO I picked up a couple weeks back. I emailed the carmotorsports site to ask if they offer a cover for it, but the selection on their site appears limited. California covers appear to have many more options/prices than Hugger so I'm going to check them out as well.

The CTC cover was almost $90 even with the 40% off - I don't think I can justify keeping it as it looks absolutely terrible. The material isn't as nice on my Monte cover, but at least it fits decent and actually covers the sides of the car.

1970 Pontiac GTO

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:30 pm
Profile WWW
Senior Forum User

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:07 pm
Operations Team

I got one of those cheapy CT covers and it was a waste of money. Same issue it has the elastic and it rides up on the sides of the car and doesnt totally cover them. All it does is trap dirt and once it rains well the car is filthy as the dirt soaks through! It was a gift so i used it but i think ill shop around for a new one that fits the car alot better and wont get the car dirty when it gets rained on.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:37 am
Profile WWW

I purchased a custom cut cover from a sponsor on Corvetteforum. It fits the car very well and is an outdoor cover.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:36 pm
Senior Forum User

Iagree with Kelly & Sunny I getting a Hugger Cover soon. Hand made for ur car to fit right not cookie cutter cover. :D

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:35 am
Operations Director

A Hugger cover is not just another car cover - It's a CUSTOM cover tailored to fit Your car - Mark has had his Hugger cover for a few years now on his car OUTSIDE & It's easy to put on (I've helped him not that you need help mind you) and it has never come off

And yes, I have a Hugger Custom Cover too - Outdoor version but they do have indoor covers also that are less expensive

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:33 am
Administrator

I moved your thread here.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:19 pm
Senior Forum User

Red Rider wrote:
A Hugger cover is not just another car cover - It's a CUSTOM cover tailored to fit Your car - Mark has had his Hugger cover for a few years now on his car OUTSIDE & It's easy to put on (I've helped him not that you need help mind you) and it has never come off

And yes, I have a Hugger Custom Cover too - Outdoor version but they do have indoor covers also that are less expensive

Actually, the indoor covers are $10 more, which I don't really understand. That being said, I think I've talked myself into getting a Hugger cover as I do like the custom tailored idea and everyone seems to be very happy with them. Mike even asked if I have a hood tach, which makes me think they'll even put a cutout for it. I've never used a cover outside and I'd like something other than grey so I think I'm going to go with a black indoor cover with orange stitching.

1970 Pontiac GTO

Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next