View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Back in a Formula Again 
Forum User

Post Re: Back in a Formula Again
auto_god wrote:
Well the Formula has moved on to a new home.

Its been 7 years and a boat load of fun, but this thread will no longer be updated.

Congratulation on your new purchase. Sad to see the formula go. You had given that car a 2nd chance at life, transforming it back to her former glory. I really enjoyed viewing your thread.

Post some pics of your new ride if you can.

Take care,

Benny

Wed May 12, 2021 11:19 am
Senior Forum User

chevypower91 wrote:
auto_god wrote:
Well the Formula has moved on to a new home.

Its been 7 years and a boat load of fun, but this thread will no longer be updated.

Congratulation on your new purchase. Sad to see the formula go. You had given that car a 2nd chance at life, transforming it back to her former glory. I really enjoyed viewing your thread.

Post some pics of your new ride if you can.

Take care,

Benny

Well here she is..............

Image20210512_183151 by Hewitt Shane, on Flickr

While I do miss the Formula once in a while, I couldn't be happier with the new 1LE............& my wife is all in favor of the 1LE too. She never really cared for the Formula. She claimed she didn't trust the car to be reliable because of its age (although it was totally reliable the whole time I had with the exception of the 1 time the fuel pump died). She also HATED the t-tops..........I loved them and refused to put them in which made a tangled mess of her hair. She also claimed to not like the attention the Formula drew although I call BS on that one as she just sucks up all the compliments on the 1LE. Consequently I wound up enjoying the car without her most of the time.

What can I say about the 1LE.............it's an absolutely mind blowing car! Recaro seats fit like a glove. Magnaride suspension is an absolute game changer (firm and sporty when I'm out in the car by myself in Sport Mode, comfortable and compliant in Tour Mode when she is with me). Same goes for the dual mode exhaust (quiet in Tour when she is along or I'm leaving my neighborhood early in the morning, wonderful noises in Sport mode when I'm alone.) Brakes are just a whole different level, handling has to be experienced to be understood........its that good. I once again have manual transmission goodness in my life again. Wifey is happy listening to her favorite tunes on the Sirus satellite radio through the Bose sound system (probably the nicest sounding factory sound system I've ever had), in climate controlled comfort.

Then there is the LT1 motor. The 455 rated hp and torque is a complete lie! Lol!

Image2021 SS 1LE Stock GM CAI by Hewitt Shane, on Flickr

That is not a 455 hp motor!!

I really don't plan on doing much to this car other than just enjoying it. I put a skip shift eliminator in the car within days of owning it..........get rid of that nuisance right off the bat! At some point I'll likely have the windows tinted, and I currently have an LT2 intake manifold sitting in the garage for whenever I get time to bolt that on. That's about the extent of what I plan to do...........this car is SO well sorted out, it would be difficult to improve on without ruining other aspects of the car.

Wed May 12, 2021 8:58 pm
Senior Forum User

I was browsing through this thread and thought I'd update on the 1LE.

I tried several combinations of things during the season. First was porting OE LT1 intake manifold. Minimal differences. 2nd, the ported intake manifold with a 95 mm throttle body (I already had the TB in anticipation of using it with my LT2 manifold)........negligible difference.

Then I got around to putting my LT2 intake manifold on along with the 95 mm throttle body. It's the real deal.

Oddly, there is a tune related dip in the 5500 - 6000 rpm range that didn't really show up with the OE manifold on, but I'll likely rectify that this coming summer. I'm quite confident it will exceed 450 whp once I do some tuning on it.

ImageStock vs LT2 by Hewitt Shane, on Flickr

Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20