View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 my LT1 build for the SS *updated pics* 
Senior Forum User

Post Re: my LT1 build for the SS *updated pics*
i hope you sealed your opti and lock tightened your opti sensor inside the opti...im drunk cant remember name.

Sun May 15, 2011 2:27 am
Forum User

sensor and opti came all as one from GM never had to open it up.
i think i figured out why my rocker looks like that in that pic, im going to have to order new guideplates i used the old ones in the heads that i purchased and i think they are warn so much so that the pushrod can move the rocker left to right even tightened down. The pushrod is supposed to be secured in the guideplate from moving the rocker left or right off the valve tip correct? these ones im using are hardened but seemed to be warn on the edges, i should have purchased new ones to begin with :sar

2006 TBSS (white rocket beater)

Sun May 15, 2011 9:16 am
CCFBG Club Member

sh8kin wrote:
i think i figured out why my rocker looks like that in that pic, im going to have to order new guideplates i used the old ones in the heads that i purchased and i think they are warn so much so that the pushrod can move the rocker left to right even tightened down. The pushrod is supposed to be secured in the guideplate from moving the rocker left or right off the valve tip correct? these ones im using are hardened but seemed to be warn on the edges, i should have purchased new ones to begin with :sar

I never once sealed an opti on my car but locktite on the rotor screws is a good idea. They have a tendency to come loose after a lot of high rpm use. Some of the guideplates were not hardened properly a few years back. I had about half of mine wear too.

Sun May 15, 2011 9:54 am
Senior Forum User

flame wrote:
sh8kin wrote:

I never once sealed an opti on my car but locktite on the rotor screws is a good idea. They have a tendency to come loose after a lot of high rpm use. Some of the guideplates were not hardened properly a few years back. I had about half of mine wear too.

I sealed my Opti and took a hose to my engine with it running and not running. Never had an Opti issue.

Sun May 15, 2011 12:18 pm
Forum User

are comp guideplates any good to use? im just looking at what i can get for a cheaper price then going through getting trickflows.

Sun May 15, 2011 12:23 pm
CCFBG Club Member

sh8kin wrote:
are comp guideplates any good to use? im just looking at what i can get for a cheaper price then going through getting trickflows.

I have a set, i love them.

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: BTR Cam, Long Tubes, 3" Catback, UDP, CAI Intake, Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Poly Diff Bushings, Toe Arms, Poly Subframe, Poly Radius-Rod bushings, ZL1 Suede Shifter, ZL1 Mounts, Arun Tuned - 475rwhp 443rwtq
11.97 @ 116 w/ 1.85 60'

Listen To Song Of My People!

Sun May 15, 2011 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
CCFBG Club Member

Unless Comp has changed theirs they do not line up very good on the LT1 head

Sun May 15, 2011 1:03 pm
Operations Team

check out the for sale forum on camaroz28.com, they always have good deals on lt1 goodies and lots of deals!

Sun May 15, 2011 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
CCFBG Club Member

flame wrote:

i found that too...almost best to get the adjustables to get them centered up and not have to fight just to get the studs in.

9.06@155 mph, small block pump gas with 3.42's bird
8.14@166 mph, big block on 250 shot monza

Sun May 15, 2011 8:42 pm
Senior Forum User

Mr Bastard wrote:
flame wrote:

i found that too...almost best to get the adjustables to get them centered up and not have to fight just to get the studs in.

Yeah the holes in Comp plates are just stud size , some of the other makes have oval holes that allow for you to centre the guide plates

Sun May 15, 2011 9:47 pm
Forum User

ok im still a little confused with the adjusting on the rockers, the lifters bleed down once they are all adjusted right. so it makes the rockers feel loose once they are aligned and tigtened down. i just checked to see if they were the guideplates making the rocker loosely feel from left to right its because they seem loose off the rocker stud not because of the guideplate? i was under the impression that i didnt have to adjust them after i tightened they down to "0" lash, or is it because the lifter has no oil pressure to build them up to having the ring hold the pushrod in place?

Mon May 16, 2011 8:43 am
CCFBG Club Member

go back to page 5 and read the link I posted

Mon May 16, 2011 1:10 pm
Forum User

^ did already ;)
i scored some new guideplates from GM so looks like i will be taken them off and starting over, a friend also suggested to get it running and do a final adjustment running the motor.

thanks guys

Mon May 16, 2011 1:20 pm
Senior Forum User

sh8kin wrote:
^ did already ;)
i scored some new guideplates from GM so looks like i will be taken them off and starting over, a friend also suggested to get it running and do a final adjustment running the motor.

thanks guys

just tighten till it stops making noise lol.

Mon May 16, 2011 1:29 pm
Forum User

ok so a little update *no pics yet sorry*
got back from vacation and the car was untouched, kinda of expected from the shop it was at since they are fairly busy with customer car coming in and out all the time. so they got on there horses to finish my car for me this week. i finailly got it back last night and i have put about 200K on it already but man IT GOES LIKE STINK!
the converter is pretty loose feeling inside the city but once i got the car on the highway it was awesome! roller rockers make the engine sound like a sewing machine and the idle has a bit of issues but the lump of the cam is perfect its exactly what i wanted :) i lost a bit of bottom end with the cam i went with but it goes like stink at higher RPM, still a little adjusting, tuning and cleaning i will do it this weekend hopefully then i will have some pics and vids! its going to be a great summer

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next