View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 She is home.......story and need Some direction 
Junior Forum User

Post She is home.......story and need Some direction
Hey guys

So I finally got the car home.... running... well sometimes....tons of new parts but I think I have a bad ground or the starter is going... also magically when I put in in storage with all stereo parts I came to find an amp missing, only one now :( as well as finding some lovely chips out of my paint in the front lip

After putting in...... new front brake flex lines, 2 new calipers, new pads, new transmission/shift cable, new battery, new ignition, ripping out the alarm (which was a total nightmare), new fuel pump, new fuel lines and a 3 days of cleaning/waxing its semi ok.... still needs some tweaks.... stereo isn't working yet (may need a new deck), still have the center console apart to fix the wiring on the windows (its backwards for each window), rims need to be cleaned and polished, center caps installed...and me being me is more wax is needed....and I plan to take the starter out next week and have it tested...oh yea and steam clean it..again ;)

I have also learned that this car isn't what it appears.... found out the body was once blue, the hood was red..... also learned that the car had all the toys but it was turned into a GTA.... had the Small block.....don't know what size... has the 350 now..... has larger pullies, different cams, shiftier kit, different geared rear end (not sure what thou), crager wheels, full edelbrock sponsorship...so tons of goodies under the hood, as well as kenwood stereo system...2 12" subs one amp now, full speakers in all doors including 10inch subs in the back. And its been lowered :D

My question that hopefully you guys will know.

What is a fair price to ask for the car? I think I have decided to sell it...it has 169km on body, 23,000 on engine

I have an extra set of T-tops with a case..... value? and yes they seal

I also have a front end bra....... value???

hopefully u guys can help.... and maybe I will keep it.... but so lost with it

Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:26 pm
Junior Forum User

Post Re: She is home.......story and need Some direction
So I found out that the factory installed all the toys for a GTA.... just not the engine... so the Small block 350 was installed

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:41 am
CCFBG Club Member

What year is it?

It only has a 120mph speedometer GTA's got 150mph/240kmh speedo's.

GTA's got a TPI 305/5.0L with with T Roofs except in 1987 when a handful went out the door with TPI350/5.7L.

As for price start high as its easier to lower the price than raise it :wink:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:28 am
Profile WWW
Operations Team

Are you deadset on selling it or you just getting annoyed that its nickel and diming you to death and the issues still remain? Sounds like your car is a bit of a bastard child and its been seriously played with. When you get cars like this it may take awhile and more cash to get it to where its at your standards or you just get bored and always want to improve on things. In my opinion you got a case of bad luck with the car but dont get down. This is what this board is for to ask questions, get opinions, and most important ask for help! Most of us are pretty handy and the club mostly based in the GTA so there might be someone close to you to give you hand!

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:43 am
Profile WWW
Junior Forum User

Vetty wrote:
Are you deadset on selling it or you just getting annoyed that its nickel and diming you to death and the issues still remain? Sounds like your car is a bit of a bastard child and its been seriously played with. When you get cars like this it may take awhile and more cash to get it to where its at your standards or you just get bored and always want to improve on things. In my opinion you got a case of bad luck with the car but dont get down. This is what this board is for to ask questions, get opinions, and most important ask for help! Most of us are pretty handy and the club mostly based in the GTA so there might be someone close to you to give you hand!

Aww thanks.... I am not dead set on selling it... just figure if I can get a good number for it I would be debt free. I love the car..... just seems like everytime I get her going she does on me. I just dropped $1,700 into it.... now it might need a starter... and what are the chances of it passing an e test :? ..... and yea there are quiet a few of you close... I am actually hoping to make a meet....meet some of the nice people on here :)...if the car will stay running and I can shut it off to get gas lol.... :)

Its hard cause I have my truck.... and a winter beater..... so this is number 3 for a girl that lives with her parents makes it hard... lol

Let hope.... trying to see what I can get... might put it on kijiji and see what happens but the ones priced around what I want to sell it for are in very nice shape :oops:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:04 pm
Forum Moderator

Last year I had a real 1987 GTA with only 104 000 original Km. It was unmodified and ran very well . It was a real factory 5.7 car with T-tops ( Canadian car) It had every option inlcuding the love it or hate it digital dash. It had been repainted once in its original white. I was lucky that I got $6500 for it.

With your cars mechanical issues, cloned status, higher miles, rebuilt engine etc its only worth money to you.
Sadly its probably only worth $2500 in todays markey and economy.

The only ones that garner any attention are the low mile, all original cars with either the 5.7 or the 5.0 TPI with the factory five speed. The IROC 's seem to be pulling ahead over the Trans Am's and GTA's of the same era.

http://www.gtasourcepage.com/ all you ever wanted to know about GTA's

Some Pics. I woulda kept it if I didnt buy the Vette.

Attachments:
Picture 086.jpg
Picture 086.jpg [ 1.32 MiB | Viewed 10396 times ]
IMG_2394.jpg
IMG_2394.jpg [ 1.52 MiB | Viewed 10396 times ]
IMG_3557.jpg
IMG_3557.jpg [ 59.25 KiB | Viewed 10396 times ]

1994 Corvette Z07
Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:00 am
Junior Forum User

So I figured this lovely car out

Turns out I don't have a start issue.... I had another alarm in the car. A viper with an ignition disable and something that cut the power to the starter :)

I was trying to treat the car to some new parts.... nothing to special but some battery terminal connections :) well new parts go in car makes some random noises and then the lock engage...... no clue why... but no I am locked out of the car

3 hrs later and still not getting in to it.... a friend comes over... we don't unlock the door but instead unlock the roof :) Yeah!!!! T-tops :0.... then we find a Viper alarm inder the dash....after lots of wire hunts and cuts and bringing it back the car runs like a charm....

Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:06 pm
CCFBG Club Member

That's cool taking something OUT makes things work better :D

1978 WS6 W72 TransAm
2008 CTS DD1
2011 Honda CRV DD2
2002 Mazda Miata SE Top Down Fun

Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:15 pm
CCFBG Club Member

Glad you got it figured out 8)

Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
Junior Forum User

its actually weird how it happened.... was a bad day when I got locked out....... and tried to break in forever.. .then a friend that knows Gm's was able to figure it out... :)

Maybe now I can drive her to a meet

Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:45 pm
CCFBG Club Member

Corp Z wrote:
Last year I had a real 1987 GTA with only 104 000 original Km. It was unmodified and ran very well . It was a real factory 5.7 car with T-tops ( Canadian car) It had every option inlcuding the love it or hate it digital dash. It had been repainted once in its original white. I was lucky that I got $6500 for it.

With your cars mechanical issues, cloned status, higher miles, rebuilt engine etc its only worth money to you.
Sadly its probably only worth $2500 in todays markey and economy.

The only ones that garner any attention are the low mile, all original cars with either the 5.7 or the 5.0 TPI with the factory five speed. The IROC 's seem to be pulling ahead over the Trans Am's and GTA's of the same era.

http://www.gtasourcepage.com/ all you ever wanted to know about GTA's

Some Pics. I woulda kept it if I didnt buy the Vette.

I'd say that is about accurate. I ended up getting 6K for my 85 T/A (non-GTA) which was a near perfect and 100% original car....and it took me 3 years to sell it. The 3rd gen market is definitely a buyers market right now.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]