View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Project handling: Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta 
CCFBG Club Member

Post Re: Project handling: Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta
Tires are on the car, they are bit thinner than the BFG KD tires, which I don't mind as they now look like they belong there even more. Grip wise is much nicer on launch (but its new too so...) Cornering is a whole new story, I don't think I've ever had this on rails feeling like I do right now. I was in south Ottawa on twisty type roads and it was just comfortable on them at decent speed like curves were straight lines...

I also really missed having decent tires on the car again. I'm having troubles breaking loose after launch, I floor it after the initial bite and can't break traction, mind you its 28C right now and the roads are warm, but I don't think I gripped this much even with new BFG KD tires. The watt's link combined with SFC's and poly/rod end LCA's along setup correctly now has the car really BITE. Even on idle launch it was hesitating to break loose. The tires were fighting the engine. 10 bolt may go soon...

2017 Corvette C7 Z06 Admiral Blue
1998 Camaro Z/28 Mystic Teal

Retired
2005 Corvette C6 Z51 Lemans Blue
2005 Corvette C6 Z51 Torch Red
1988 Camaro SC Maui Blue

Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2