View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Project: Trust Issues 
CCFBG Club Member

Post Project: Trust Issues
Well guys .. I woke up on July 1st with a hot blonde Buddhist girlfriend with fake boobs and a gorgeous black 3rd gen. I end July after totaling the 3rd gen., and finding out the Buddhist was cheating on me with 2 different guys. Needless to say .. August can't come soon enough. I'm moving to Halifax on Sept. 1st, so this Project is gonna have very streaky updates. After what I've been through this month, I decided to name my new car Trust Issues. Seems appropriate.

Here she is:

1986 IROC-Z. Power everything. A/C and T-tops. Rolling chassis. Was originally black, but whoever had this thing before went BALLS OUT on painting it blue. The only problem is that the clear coat was ATROCIOUS. Never seen so many runs in my life. It has a tonne of GM repro body panels though. Which is great. Has those nice velour seats that only came for a couple of years, too. They're in very nice shape. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll send you pics.

Cut a hole over the rear axle for easy access to the fuel tank. Thinking ahead this time.

Funky steering wheel. Definitely not my taste. If anybody wants it, PM me and I'll hook you up cheap.

Davey powered. lol.

UPDATE: I've been fooled again. When I went to look at the car, the guy had COATED the underside of the floor pan with rocker guard. This weekend when I stripped the interior out, I realized the entire floorpan on both sides has rotted out. All the way from behind the seats to up the firewall. Considered cutting the ones out of my donor car, but they'd been patched already. Gonna do this car once and do it right. My cost on new Goodmark floor pans through Cross Canada is $355 each .. but I told them it was for my car and they knocked it down to $300 each. Ordered. They'll be here from Kansas City in 2 weeks. An expensive step in the wrong direction, but forging ahead nonetheless!

And just because I knew you guys would ask, here's a pic. of me and my blonde Buddhist (now ex-gf) with fake boobs, taken last weekend in the Falls.

Project Trust Issues is officially under way.

2001 XJR - Summer Daily
1986 IROC - Under Construction
1993 Blazer - Winter Beater

Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:56 pm
CCFBG Club Member

Post Re: Project: Trust Issues
I dont see no fake boobies..I have to see it to agree with you on the fake thing..

Its really hard to find thirdgen nowadays with a perfect shell. THe first one to go are the floor on the driver side around the drain area.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:40 pm
CCFBG Club Member

Daz wrote:
I dont see no fake boobies..I have to see it to agree with you on the fake thing..

Its really hard to find thirdgen nowadays with a perfect shell. THe first one to go are the floor on the driver side around the drain area.

That one I'll have to PM you Dazzy ;)

2001 XJR - Summer Daily

Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:45 pm
Forum Moderator

looks like a good base to start with(the car that is). I am glad you took the advice of people on the board and found a shell to build up. As for the clear coat can it be wet sanded and buffed out to get rid of the runs?

Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:55 pm
CCFBG Club Member

The boobs are real, just enhanced surgically :P

Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:27 am
Profile WWW
Senior Forum User

Look at it this way..... at least you pounded it. For every hottie lost, there are 2 or three waiting to take her place, trust me on this, the abundance theory truly does exist.

Anyways, i'm looking forward to seeing this project come to fruitition.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:03 am
Profile WWW
CCFBG Club Member

mikesz1984 wrote:
looks like a good base to start with(the car that is). I am glad you took the advice of people on the board and found a shell to build up. As for the clear coat can it be wet sanded and buffed out to get rid of the runs?

I'm sure the clear coat could be wet sanded and buffed, but it's going Back to Black anyways.. so I think I'm just gonna get the whole thing sandblasted and start fresh.

2001 XJR - Summer Daily

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:28 am
CCFBG Club Member

silverbullet85 wrote:
Look at it this way..... at least you pounded it. For every hottie lost, there are 2 or three waiting to take her place, trust me on this, the abundance theory truly does exist.

Anyways, i'm looking forward to seeing this project come to fruitition.

Some of your terminology has me intrigued, friend. I'm going to send you a PM ..

2001 XJR - Summer Daily

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:29 am
CCFBG Club Member

Here are some pics. of the floor cancer .. ouchie

New floor pans can't come soon enough ..

2001 XJR - Summer Daily

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:33 am
Forum Moderator

do you still have your old car, i would suggest some surgical removal of the spots that are good on your old car, to replace those spots.

Now to be the party pooper here I think we need to stay away from certain references about body parts on this thread. We have some female members here and we at CCFBG strive to maintain a clean atmosphere for everybody who comes to look at the board. This is in no way a reprimand, but a request to make this thread interesting to anybody who views it in the future.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:01 am
Forum Moderator

TBH, I like the blue :lol:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:05 am
CCFBG Club Member

mikesz1984 wrote:
do you still have your old car, i would suggest some surgical removal of the spots that are good on your old car, to replace those spots.

Now to be the party pooper here I think we need to stay away from certain references about body parts on this thread. We have some female members here and we at CCFBG strive to maintain a clean atmosphere for everybody who comes to look at the board. This is in no way a reprimand, but a request to make this thread interesting to anybody who views it in the future.

I do still have the old car. Like I said..I thought about some kind of surgical floor transplant operation but .. I'm gonna do this car once and do it right. Goodmark floor pans it is.

2001 XJR - Summer Daily

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:19 pm
Senior Forum User

DaveyDrama wrote:
mikesz1984 wrote:

I do still have the old car. Like I said..I thought about some kind of surgical floor transplant operation but .. I'm gonna do this car once and do it right. Goodmark floor pans it is.

Silverbullet85 likes this status.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:00 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

DaveyDrama wrote:
mikesz1984 wrote:

cool. Do you have access to a plasma cutter. I saw a buddy use one to chop a roof off a car a couple of weeks ago, and i think i fell in love with that tool

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:57 pm
Forum Moderator

Rust is the gift that keeps on giving. :lol:

I been discovering rust spots on my Project for the past month. Just cut out a few holes and waiting for some metal to arrive.

Just rolling with the dog pound...

Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next