View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Project: 94 Fire-Am! Last Video of this Build 
Operations Team

Post Re: Project: 94 Fire-Am... New Video
Well went to grab my car from Dans place and finally got to bring it home and out to Street Classics show on Saturday night. Must say car runs very nice and smooth. Pulls hard and hits the shift light now with the newly added valve springs! Got tones of feedback from lt1 owners stopping by and asking what it is and some that knew the swap asking how i liked it. Felt great to get it back out on the road and shoot the shit with car buddies again at the shows! Big up to Dan (Flame) for being such a huge help getting my car to where it is now with all the carnage its went through trying to just get it tuned and turning into another project in itself. He stuck in there with it and got it done for me and i highly rec his work for anyone on the board needing a good mechanic thats highly skilled and awesome to deal with! Cheers Buddy!

Here is a video i took this morning for the people that have been asking about it and wanting to hear more. The idle is set around 900 or so warm which i would like to be able to turn down at some point no big deal but still chops nicely. Idle with aftermarket throttle bodys makes the rpm hang a bit after blipping the throttle which from ive read is a common problem. Some say to correct they put on a stock tb and it was fine but whatever i can live with it.

VIDEO!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlF2Zqe6 ... e=youtu.be

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
Senior Forum User

Veruy nice. Grats on getting it all sorted out and emjoying it out there.

Maple Hawk C012 site

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
CCFBG Club Member

Sounds fantastic Matt...nice to see it finally up and running.

CURRENTLY INBETWEEN RIDES

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:19 pm
CCFBG Club Member

Now its time for timeslips 8)

Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
Operations Team

Well pretty impressed so far with the mileage it gets running with the LS1 pcm. Put $80 in this weekend which is roughly a tank maybe a bit less and went from Guelph to Etobicoke back to Guelph, in town and back road spirited driving, and Guelph to Oshawa and put 400km on it. I know half the tank was mainly highway but i was not driving it very gently while i was in Guelph all weekend long cruising the backroads. I know when i do all highway to the states before the swap she usually nets about 450km/tank. So seeing that kind of mileage im very curious to see how its going to do next month when i take it down to Dayton, Ohio which is all highway and set the cruise which Dan fixed and see where it takes me!

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
CCFBG Club Member

Awesome Matt......glad to hear it running and working top notch :D

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Operations Team

Wellmy bad luck hasnt finished yet. After getting a bunch of loose ends figured out and then going for a cruise i started developing a slight knock from the valvecover. Havent got to pulling it apart yet but im almost certain its a lifter thats goin bad and taking awhile to bleed up. Once it running and gets warmed up the knock goes away which is whats making me think thats what it is. Got some LS7s on order and going to rip into it this week. Getting to the boiling point and ready to say f*** it and sell or put it in storage this year has been a f***ing brutal year for this car!

Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
CCFBG Club Member

Vetty wrote:
Wellmy bad luck hasnt finished yet. After getting a bunch of loose ends figured out and then going for a cruise i started developing a slight knock from the valvecover. Havent got to pulling it apart yet but im almost certain its a lifter thats goin bad and taking awhile to bleed up. Once it running and gets warmed up the knock goes away which is whats making me think thats what it is. Got some LS7s on order and going to rip into it this week. Getting to the boiling point and ready to say f*** it and sell or put it in storage this year has been a f***ing brutal year for this car!

That sucks Matt :(

Time for an LS swap :wink:

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
CCFBG Club Member

Vetty wrote:

Sorry to hear that Matt.....bad luck seems to follow you around these days, but it can't last forever...........Keep pushing forward....one day you will win!

Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:52 am
Profile WWW
CCFBG Club Member

Dont give up man. If I cant give up neither can you

My FQuick
My Garage

THE MISSISSAUGA CHAPTER

Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:53 am
Forum Moderator

Look on the bright side, at least you've been able to enjoy driving your car. :lol:

Just rolling with the dog pound...

Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:37 pm
CCFBG Club Member

this is true. well i got to go around the block once and so did Jay so Im getting there LOL

My FQuick
My Garage

THE MISSISSAUGA CHAPTER

Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:44 pm
Operations Team

Figured id do another update since its been awhile.

Got the new LS7 lifters in and everything was good drove it home from the shop ran mint. Next day went to load it onto the trailer to go to the TA Nats in Ohio it started to tick again WTF! When we returned home after coming back from the Nats i took it back to the shop. Would run for 10 minutes fine and then it would have the tick come and go. It was only one lifter on the same side as last time. They pulled everything apart had it tested and threw it back together and still to no avail. Lifters were fine and bleeding down it was bizarre. After trying to change oils and not working something is up. They still couldnt find anything the problem other then the pushrod was starting to show some wear more then others so they machined down the pushrod guide a bit. Put it back together and all has been good been driving it for the past couple weekends without any ticking or noises. Im hoping this is the end of the freaking dumb bullshit breaking or failing. Hoping to hit the track before the end of the year in hopes to chip off a 12 sec pass and id be happy. Cam is still building his batch of 8.8s so wont be beating on it just want to see how it runs and what kind of MPH it can pull it to give me an idea of what its capable of.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:46 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

Thought you were trying to sell the car?

Just rolling with the dog pound...

Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:16 pm
Operations Team

Its for sale but zero has become of it. If i get my asking price so be it i refuse to get rid of it for any less then im asking otherwise ill sit on it. So in the meantime just driving it when i can and have fun with it. Modding/spending money on it has come to an end if it breaks it'll will go into storage. Have other things that i have to save for then to throw money away at a car anymore.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next