View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
 Project 6SIX6 ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Video up 
Senior Forum User

Post Re: Project 6SIX6 ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Video up
6SIX6 wrote:
Clean cars are hard to come by now as everyone that has any kind of muscle car thinks its worth a small fortune even tho its rusted out. Now that I got mine running im thinkin of the next project to be honest lol

On that note, if you ever decide to sell that camaro, i want it! :D

The car looks great Ray!! If you ever need any GM parts for it/any project, come see me @ Bolton GM & ill set 'ya up.

Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:57 pm
CCFBG Club Member

If I did sell it, it would be as a roller as the drivetrain is staying with me for sure for anything else I might do.

I thought you where still out in B.C. Andy used to work there awhile back as well. If I do ill send you a pm man.

I also got a new driveshaft for when I do the 8.8 swap and also got a set of stock rockers in the mail as well. Now all I need is springs and a cam and its LS3 swap time. Then tune it and prey its will pass emissions next year

My FQuick
My Garage

THE MISSISSAUGA CHAPTER

Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:06 pm
Senior Forum User

6SIX6 wrote:
If I did sell it, it would be as a roller as the drivetrain is staying with me for sure for anything else I might do.

I thought you where still out in B.C. Andy used to work there awhile back as well. If I do ill send you a pm man.

I also got a new driveshaft for when I do the 8.8 swap and also got a set of stock rockers in the mail as well. Now all I need is springs and a cam and its LS3 swap time. Then tune it and prey its will pass emissions next year

Roller sounds great to me! No rush, Just want to have first crack at it if 'ya do ever decide to sell, as if i can ever get my hands on it again, its staying with me forever!

I moved back in Feburary this year to work on a EV Proof of concept with my buddy, and have been workin at Bolton GM since not long after then to keep some cash flowin in. Andy is workin over at Caledon Chrysler now? Spoke to him a week or so ago.

Which 8.8 are you usin? Im doin a 8.8 swap in my FB RX7, with a crown vic housing, and custom 3 link suspension. Think im gonna hunt for a explorer locker for it. Just have to figure out how to build bracketry around the cast housing

I managed to get my 97 Trans Am through Hot Rod e-test standards with a 6.0L w/ CNC Heads, FAST intake & 228/230 cam, with only magnaflow spun metallic cat's. Passed with flying colors on the sniffer, however im not sure how they do the hot rod stuff with all of the new standards

Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:49 am
CCFBG Club Member

No problem. I dont know when that will ever be but if it does happen I will let you know.

Yeah hes over there as I think he started there recently

Im using a mustang 8.8 with a explorer posi and moser axels. Cam is actually building it for me when hes not too busy

How did you get the hotrod status? Ive heard theres a whole ordeal to get it. I was gonna looking into a conditional fail but if i bolt the LS3 heads, intake and injectors with a night fury cam i think I should be good. All I want is 500hp anyways as I want the car for street.

My FQuick
My Garage

THE MISSISSAUGA CHAPTER

Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:51 pm
CCFBG Club Member

heres some pics of the parts

My FQuick
My Garage

THE MISSISSAUGA CHAPTER

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:47 pm
CCFBG Club Member

Its been awhile since I last posted in here. Been really busy over the last while. I started porting the LS3 heads but havnt yet finished them. Gotta do the intake as well. Then swap them along with the cam and then tune. Hopefully it will pass a etest as if not Im gonna burn this thing to the ground LOL. I will post up pics and so on of progress in the next week or so when it warms up and I can get pics

My FQuick
My Garage

THE MISSISSAUGA CHAPTER

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:42 pm
CCFBG Club Member

Well its been along time since I posted some pics or even looked at my car. heres some pics and stuff Ive been working on over the winter

Nos anyone

Doin some head work with J before it got stupid cold out. Still got to finish it and the intake still but all looks good so far

Started the trunion upgrade just got to put the new ones in still

My FQuick
My Garage

THE MISSISSAUGA CHAPTER

Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:32 am
Forum Moderator

So that's where I left my NOS kit.....I'll swing by soon to grab it :mrgreen:

Just rolling with the dog pound...

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:12 pm
CCFBG Club Member

nope not yours unless you own a civic that I ripped it out of LOL

My FQuick
My Garage

THE MISSISSAUGA CHAPTER

Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:39 pm
CCFBG Club Member

HOT DAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cam Card lol

My FQuick
My Garage

THE MISSISSAUGA CHAPTER

Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:51 pm
CCFBG Club Member

Thats one HELL of a cam ;)

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: BTR Cam, Long Tubes, 3" Catback, UDP, CAI Intake, Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Poly Diff Bushings, Toe Arms, Poly Subframe, Poly Radius-Rod bushings, ZL1 Suede Shifter, ZL1 Mounts, Arun Tuned - 475rwhp 443rwtq
11.97 @ 116 w/ 1.85 60'

Listen To Song Of My People!

Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
Operations Team

That is one nasty cam! Whens it going in?

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
CCFBG Club Member

when it gets warmer and I bring the car down from storage. Jay said he would give me a hand putting it in with the heads and BANG!!!!!!!! Hello ripping up pavement

My FQuick
My Garage

THE MISSISSAUGA CHAPTER

Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:24 am
CCFBG Club Member

Makes me realize how different LS cam specs are from the old SBC Gen 1.
The 112 LSA I understand but a 110 ICL? Hardly any advance ground into that thing at all. What's the engine displacement? I assume that's with a 1.7 ratio rocker?
Nice healthy overlap though. 67 degrees. That should be interesting.

And when you do decide to "rip up some pavement" make sure you rip it up Alliston way. I'd like to see this beast.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:59 am
Senior Forum User

^ The square port LS3/L92 heads flow so much on the int side that you have to watch out when camming them to prevent stall and reversion, especially with smaller cube builds ( <400 cid ) LS cathedral port heads use similar grinds to sbc's, and the first LS cams used sbc lobes, made great power. LS cams have a significant step up in base circle though, so a bunch of new lobes have been created to utilize that to soften seat transitions. They dont make heaps more power than the tried and true XE/XER stuff, but the valvetrain stability is incredible. I buzz my EPS lobed L92 to 7500 daily, neary a blip of trouble, I did put pistons into valves ar 84000 RPM mind you :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

But hey, if you aint breaking? You aint racing

1987 IROC ww 99 LS1,TR224/112, STG2 heads ported by American Speed, P Gold springs, LS6 intake, SVO 30's, Ported TB, Comp Cromo Push rods, Katech Rod bolts, LS6 oil pump, T56, SW LT's, 8.8 hybrid rear 3.73, 275/40/17 MT ET streets, lots more
12.1 @ 112 mph 1.69 60'

89 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car all stock.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next