View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 My car, from the begining 
CCFBG Co-Founder

Post Re: My car, from the begining
saw pics on facebook. looks good.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:07 pm
Forum Moderator

well i started looking at the car tonight, i have to fix the rear spoiler(broken studs), the check engine light was on, but it went off after i charged the battery, door pins(these are the worst i have ever run across, it has scratched the ground effects up), but the emergency brake works, it has new tires, new brakes, hopefully tomorrow night i can get some more stuff figured out. Now a question i have, does the 1991 have automatic headlights, because whenever the key is on all the lights come on,( i figured it would have daytime running lights). Also does anybody know if i can just replace the cable to release the top, or do i have to buy the complete unit.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:08 pm
CCFBG Co-Founder

you can get the cable and handle but i dont think you can just get the cable. when i was looking it was this one only that i could find
http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/produ ... Cable.html

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:07 pm
Forum Moderator

thanks, i do foresee an order from there in the near future, lol.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:41 am
Forum Moderator

well the check engine light came on again, i read the codes it came up with code 23(mat or tps) so i will be getting both of those. Also the heater core has been bypassed so i will be replacing that. Also the metal line that runs from the rad to the heater core seems to rusted out, is there anyplace to get a brand new one of those, i was checking rock auto out, but was unable to see one. i have also started to remove the interior, but most of the screws will end up having to be drilled out and replaced i have a feeling

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:00 pm
CCFBG Club Member

Code 23 is for the intake air temp sensor make sure it is plugged in. The heater pipe will be a dealer item.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:39 pm
Forum Moderator

lets try some pics

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:48 pm
CCFBG Co-Founder

rust does not look to bad at all

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:59 pm
Forum Moderator

lol wait until you see the next set of pics i take, i will be starting today pulling the drivers door(door off 84 is better), and interior including the dash to do some floor board cleanup, i am sure i will run into some nasty stuff when i do that. I will probably post pics next week when i have the car completely gutted.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:15 am
Forum Moderator

and so it begins, lol i found this in the rear wheel well, it was covered up with some paint and some tin sort of tacked on, lol i have a feeling i am in for a bit of work i also found some nasty stuff on the drivers pan, so far the passenger side looks solid though

here are the 2 cars side by side

and here is the 2 kids in the car

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:06 pm
Forum Moderator

they say a picture is worth a thousand words(and here are 3), i am not sure if i know that many swear words

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:18 pm
CCFBG Club Member

I'm reminded of the 6 million dollar man - we can rebuild him - better, stronger, faster!
Good luck in the rebuild - and remember - it's better to restore them than crush 'em! :wink:

*SLP Ram Air/K&N *SS hood vents *Deep tints *Alpine/MTX/Rockford Fosgate audio *LT1 fan override *Koni/BMR springs and sub frame connectors *Founders adjustable panhard/LCAs with relocations *Bi-Xenon 6000K HID conversion *Cross drilled rotors painted calipers *Ported polished and reworked LT1 *3" Flowmaster Thunder/Mechem tips *Hotchkiss cross brace

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:57 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

well as of today the 84 is gone, somebody picked her up for some small parts he plans on using for his 86

i had alot of fun in this car, but sadly with a twisted frame it wasnt worth redoing again.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:03 pm
Operations Team

Im going to have the same problem when my motor sells ill be tearing it down and sending it to car heaven. Just to far gone to justify time and money to put into it anymore.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

well i ran into a snag today, it seems that the vin plate has disappeared on my 1991, you can see where the rivets look like they rusted off, has anybody ever dealt with a missing vin

Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next