View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 4th Gen Rear Shocks 
Operations Team

Post 4th Gen Rear Shocks
Well im going to be picking up some new rear springs and shocks for my dads bird as the ass end is sagging and hasnt really caused an issue yet but we took it get oil sprayed this past week and trying to get it on the drive on hoist it bottomed out and kinked the fuel lines and had to get it towed to the shop which was a huge piss off :evil: Anyway buying a set of lightly used stock springs which will bring the height of the rear back up to where it should sit and have better ride quality too. While im at it im going to swap out the stock shocks which im sure are tired running with those old springs.

Im not looking for anything performance or more worse ride quality just a good decently priced set of rear shocks. Rockauto has a couple selections such as KYB GR2s, Monroe's, Ac Delcos, and Gabriel. I have the KYB AGX in my car and they are pretty hard or too soft and cant get the best setting i want out of them. Ive used the KYB GR2s in my gf's Grand Marquis which i know is a completely different car but they were a heavy duty shock vs the normal replacements.

Any thoughts?

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Senior Forum User

i still have the set of rear stock shocks i picked up from dave..you can have em for $20

1996 Isuzu trooper S 315xxx kms ~ SOLD
2000 BMW 740iL 177000 kms

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]