View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 PCV elimination for LS motors 
CCFBG Club Member

Post PCV elimination for LS motors
So on the hunt for updating my PCV system, I came across GM's updated fixed orifice PCV valves. To be honest it's not a valve, just a housing with a small hole to provide vacuum at idle yet allow pressure relief at WOT.

For anyone with a LSx oil consumption issue, aside from seals and blowby, this has fixed most oil consumption issues for people. The reasoning for this is that as vapours just zips straight through and gets burned in the combustion chambers while the standard PCV promotes buildup first then lobs gobs of oil through the tubing into the intake tract coating the intake and heads.

Part FRAM FV410 or 12572717 AC Delco.

I discovered though how GM got around the lack of PCV in later LSx motors. For the LS6 valley cover in the middle there was a vent there with a small housing inside to allow PCV venting. Version 2 of the LS6 or GenIV cover takes it 1 step futher by providing drain holes in the inner housing AND putting the fixed orifice within the tube itself which comes out from the valley cover. It still works like before but it saves on tubing and looks neater on the engine. On the V6 the PCV system is in the valve covers.

2017 Corvette C7 Z06 Admiral Blue
1998 Camaro Z/28 Mystic Teal

Retired
2005 Corvette C6 Z51 Lemans Blue
2005 Corvette C6 Z51 Torch Red
1988 Camaro SC Maui Blue

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]