View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 extremely sticky clutch - 19999 Camaro SS 6speed 
Junior Forum User

Post extremely sticky clutch - 19999 Camaro SS 6speed
My clutch keeps sticking to the floor. I suspect either the issue is related to either dirty fluid, master cylinder or slave cylinder. I am hoping it is as simple as just changing the dirty fluid, but I fear because I have been driving with a sticky pedal for a while now that it may be possible that the dirty fluid has somehow destroyed the master and/or slave cylinders?

What is the best way to bleed the clutch fluid? I tried to get access to the bleeder valve but I couldn't manage to find it on the bellhousing of the transmission. Is there an easier way to do this without getting underneath the car?

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:44 am
CCFBG Club Member

Post Re: extremely sticky clutch - 19999 Camaro SS 6speed
Some people just suck out the master reservior, refill, pump pedal, over and over again
If it sticks alot you re looking at replacing it all as a unit is best

Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:11 pm
CCFBG Club Member

paradigm wrote:
My clutch keeps sticking to the floor. I suspect either the issue is related to either dirty fluid, master cylinder or slave cylinder. I am hoping it is as simple as just changing the dirty fluid, but I fear because I have been driving with a sticky pedal for a while now that it may be possible that the dirty fluid has somehow destroyed the master and/or slave cylinders?

What is the best way to bleed the clutch fluid? I tried to get access to the bleeder valve but I couldn't manage to find it on the bellhousing of the transmission. Is there an easier way to do this without getting underneath the car?

This is a common problem with LS manual cars, ESPECIALLY the 98-00 Fbodys.

In 2001 GM revised the clutch master & slave cylinder and they DID get better, but they still will have issues.

The biggest problem with your 99 is the hole in clutch line inner diameter is way to small. Before you replace the master and slave, you should perform the "DRILL MOD" and then re-bleed the entire system.

If you're local to Mississauga and feel like getting together for an in person chat/explanation on this, send me a PM.

In the mean time, here you go: http://www.installuniversity.com/instal ... linder.htm

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: BTR Cam, Long Tubes, 3" Catback, UDP, CAI Intake, Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Poly Diff Bushings, Toe Arms, Poly Subframe, Poly Radius-Rod bushings, ZL1 Suede Shifter, ZL1 Mounts, Arun Tuned - 475rwhp 443rwtq
11.97 @ 116 w/ 1.85 60'

Listen To Song Of My People!

Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:39 am
Profile WWW
Junior Forum User

Z28 MeTaL HeAd wrote:
paradigm wrote:

In 2001 GM revised the clutch master & slave cylinder and they DID get better, but they still will have issues.

The biggest problem with your 99 is the hole in clutch line inner diameter is way to small. Before you replace the master and slave, you should perform the "DRILL MOD" and then re-bleed the entire system.

If you're local to Mississauga and feel like getting together for an in person chat/explanation on this, send me a PM.

In the mean time, here you go: http://www.installuniversity.com/instal ... linder.htm

Thanks, I will look into doing the drill mod and re-bleeding the system this weekend before I replace the master cylinder.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:44 am
CCFBG Club Member

paradigm wrote:
Z28 MeTaL HeAd wrote:
paradigm wrote:

Thanks, I will look into doing the drill mod and re-bleeding the system this weekend before I replace the master cylinder.

IF you do replace the master, dont even bother buying a new OE replacement. Get yourself the TICK performance for worry free operation and call it a day.

http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-per ... s1-f-body/

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: BTR Cam, Long Tubes, 3" Catback, UDP, CAI Intake, Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Poly Diff Bushings, Toe Arms, Poly Subframe, Poly Radius-Rod bushings, ZL1 Suede Shifter, ZL1 Mounts, Arun Tuned - 475rwhp 443rwtq
11.97 @ 116 w/ 1.85 60'

Listen To Song Of My People!

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:36 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]