View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Official Canadian Pricing Released for Camaro 
Administrator

I tell ya, what a crock of shit, I have always said, that car needs to be closer to $25k for it to work, Well good luck GM, I love the car but I dont see it moving that well.

The pricing looks pretty close to where is was in 02. :?

I dont know, I hope I'm wrong here.

Anyhow Thanks Elie for the info.

Mark

Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:03 pm
Forum Moderator

I tell ya, what a crock of shit, I have always said, that car needs to be closer to $25k for it to work, Well good luck GM, I love the car but I dont see it moving that well.

Mark

I think that its impressive that they managed to keep the Camaro price in line with what was available almost 7 years ago. If the economy wasn't on the edge of disaster and the credit market was in good shape I'm certain the car would be a runaway hit. If GM is still here in 2-3 model years I"ll be signing up for an SS.

1994 Corvette Z07

Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:55 pm
CCFBG Club Member

Zdrrguy wrote:

Mark

I think that its impressive that they managed to keep the Camaro price in line with what was available almost 7 years ago. If the economy wasn't on the edge of disaster and the credit market was in good shape I'm certain the car would be a runaway hit. If GM is still here in 2-3 model years I"ll be signing up for an SS.

Don't forget, 7-8 years ago it cost you about $1.46CDN to buy $ 1US; today it's only $1.22 so prices are at least 20% higher today

97 M6 Z28, polo green, tan top
"just a big, heavy, slow, iron block convertible"

Statler: I have every right to be cranky...and heckle.

Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:02 pm
Senior Forum User

silverbullet85 wrote:
396LT4 wrote:
Do you know if the US mopar prices include shipping Elie?

Quote:
here's the Canadian pricing on the Challenger (also have to add a $1300 destination charge - although the car is built in Brampton, Ontario)

I was just asking if he knew whether Chrysler included the destination charge in their list price for the Challenger like GM does for the Camaro in the US, that way we are comparing apples to apples with respect to the differences between the two countries. If they don't, and purchasers in the US have to pay $1300 more as well, that means there isn't as big a difference between US and Canadian Challenger prices as there is between US and Canadian Camaro prices.

the key word is add..... or it would say includes

Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
Junior Forum User

Here is the U.S. Challenger pricing straight from the dodge.com website...

Models
Starting At MSRP
SE E Package $22,545
SE G Package $25,340
R/T F Package $30,545
R/T J Package $32,480
SRT8 $42,245

These prices are inclusive of a $725 destination charge.

Best regardSS,

Elie

Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:31 pm
Senior Forum User

If you end up getting one of the new cars it will be interesting to see how it compares against your SS at the track.

There was a guy there last time with a 305 TPI Thirdgen which ran 1:36.xx all day. Pretty good for one of those but it was running out of breath big time on the straight so it could have went faster.

Last edited by George on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:02 pm
Senior Forum User

Base 2SS (with some options) ( headers , cat back exhaust,short throw shifter, Power Sunroof, Stripes) = $46,000 +/-
Gas Tax $ 2,400
Air Tax $ 100
Frt/PDI $1,400
Cost = $49,900
w/tax = $57,000

Assume $0 down, 72month finance period @ 7% = $972/mth

Insurance rates on a 40 year old female, with a clean record is $1,600/year.

Looking at $1,100/month. :shock:

or you can just pay cash for it.

Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:01 pm
Profile WWW
CCFBG Club Member

I dont know why you people are freaking out about it as if its to expensive? Its DIRECTLY in the same price bracket as its biggest competitors, the Mustang and the Challenger. In fact, its CHEAPER for a 1SS or 2SS than say a R/T Challenger or SRT-8 Challenger.

It's also WAY more car than either of the other 2. I don't care how nice the Challenger looks on the outside, have you seen the inside? Its not much different than a 300c or Charger for god sakes, and it drives EXACTLY like one, and you know why? Because it IS one, they're all based off the same Mercedes E class platform that Chrysler has been using now for how long?

You get a MUCH better car when buying the Camaro vs any of its direct competitors. Look how much power even the standard V6 car has! Better braking, better weight balance, better suspension and much nicer Interior and fit & finish, GUARANTEED.

None of the Canadian sold cars include destination, so i wouldnt use that for argument sake in comparison to the other 2 cars either.

Let the car hit the streets before you pass judgment, thats what i say. If you ask me, it will sell VERY well specifically based on what you get with the BASELINE coupe. Have any of you compared the option list of the base-coupe Mustang or Challenger to the Camaro? Remember, looks are subjective, and although not everyone thinks the Camaro is the best looking where as others are die-hard lovers for the new look. Look at it as value for your money. 306hp V6? Thats almost as much power as the Mustang GT has! And that makes the p**** 3.5L 250hp Intrepid derived V6 in the Challenger look even worse.

I think this car will sell EXTREMELY well, especially for that reason. 306hp is a lot of car for just $27k.

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: BTR Cam, Long Tubes, 3" Catback, UDP, CAI Intake, Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Poly Diff Bushings, Toe Arms, Poly Subframe, Poly Radius-Rod bushings, ZL1 Suede Shifter, ZL1 Mounts, Arun Tuned - 475rwhp 443rwtq
11.97 @ 116 w/ 1.85 60'

Listen To Song Of My People!

Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:56 pm
Profile WWW
CCFBG Club Member

My gripe with pricing is that we canadians get ripped off. My positive (if somehow you could bend over and accept it as a positive despite the former) is that it's in line with the competition with pricing. So the value is there if choice is between the Camaro and the other cars.

I still think GM is shooting itself in the foot for dropping the MPG rating like that. You can't expect me to believe that my cammed car with full bolt ons which does 600+ highway on a whim gets less mileage than a car with even more efficiency jam packed in. I do 600km/tank with a smaller tank no less. I think last time I checked mileage was 7.8L/100km highway and like 14L/100km in city. Or practically 29 mpg highway and 15mpg city. That is with carrying 2 passengers too plus a bit of baggage, and 125km/hr avg...

Got into town tonight with 480km on the trip and just a creep under half left in the tank. Either GM has been slacking in the LS3 and mileage development or they are lying and I can't see why unless they POCKET the gaz guzzler secretly...

2017 Corvette C7 Z06 Admiral Blue
1998 Camaro Z/28 Mystic Teal

Retired
2005 Corvette C6 Z51 Lemans Blue
2005 Corvette C6 Z51 Torch Red
1988 Camaro SC Maui Blue

Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:16 am
Profile WWW
Senior Forum User

I think that its impressive that they managed to keep the Camaro price in line with what was available almost 7 years ago. If the economy wasn't on the edge of disaster and the credit market was in good shape I'm certain the car would be a runaway hit.

thats what I think too :wink:
Jay ( metal head Zed ?)is 100% correct as well.
The one thing I can't understand is why people can't reserve judgement until you can drive one. As car ppl isn't it all about the expereince behind the wheel :?: I wish the lines were a little smoother but if I am blown away behind the wheel I will soon overlook that :idea: GM could have made a perfect replica of a 1969 Camaro with, front wheel drive, 4 cylinder,110 hp :idea: Sure would look sweet but the driving experience would suck :x
When the 1982 Camaro came out I could not beleive what an ugly car they made with a rear hatch , 305, cheap looking dash and interior but I got over it :!:

Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:59 am
Senior Forum User

Is the 6 banger even an option? IMHO it isn't (for Camaro and Challenger).

Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Senior Forum User

Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:40 pm
Junior Forum User

Daz wrote:

there's more to fuel cost and distance to determine freight charge..Volume, Location, regulation etc..also plays a role

I don't understand, please explain. I don't care how many cars you send to California, how could that possibly cost GM less than shipping a car a couple of miles? What kind of regulation is involved? Are you saying that Canadian governments mandate that a minimum amount be charged for destination charges?

I think you're being a little Toronto-centric Hillar.

They will be selling Camaro's in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal and even the East Coast... it's a Canadian price not a Toronto price.

Silver 2006 Trailblazer SS
13.60 @ 100.37, 2.04 60'

Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:48 pm
Junior Forum User

Is the 6 banger even an option? IMHO it isn't (for Camaro and Challenger).

For most people, it is the only option.

For the Camaro to succeed... they will be selling A LOT more v6's than their v8 counterparts.... and I think with over 300hp in the V6's... it'll be a great option for the commute to work/grocery store/school to pick up the kids.

I think we need to remember that most car buyers out there are NOT car enthusiasts like us on this site.... and we need these average car buyers to make this product successful.

Silver 2006 Trailblazer SS
13.60 @ 100.37, 2.04 60'

Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:52 pm
CCFBG Club Member

396LT4 wrote:
Daz wrote:

there's more to fuel cost and distance to determine freight charge..Volume, Location, regulation etc..also plays a role

I don't understand, please explain. I don't care how many cars you send to California, how could that possibly cost GM less than shipping a car a couple of miles? What kind of regulation is involved? Are you saying that Canadian governments mandate that a minimum amount be charged for destination charges?

I think you're being a little Toronto-centric Hillar.

They will be selling Camaro's in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal and even the East Coast... it's a Canadian price not a Toronto price.

Oh really? Then explain to me why the US destination charge is 1/2 the Canadian charge? Does it cost twice as much to ship a car to Vancouver than LA? No, it is just evidence of GM screwing Canadian consumers once again. Also, why not be consistent with the US policy and just include it in the list price?

97 M6 Z28, polo green, tan top
"just a big, heavy, slow, iron block convertible"

Statler: I have every right to be cranky...and heckle.

Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next