View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 radiator 
Senior Forum User

Post Re: radiator
the rad is working fine and im running elec fans but on hot days in traffic the car still gets too hot, this champion rad has pretty good reviews on tgo and seems too be pretty much a direct fit, for the price im probly gonna give this a shot, thanks guys

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:27 am
CCFBG Club Member

Maybe the rad just needs cleaning or the pump is going. Its also possible that your fan is not spinning fast enough. I had to put a separate line and relay on my IROC dual fans to cool my BBC but everything is stock.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:10 am
Senior Forum User

As far as the rad is doing the job on highway (at least if you drive it long enouph by a hot day to test it) the issue should be somewhere else ,pulling or pushing fans, thermostat gone bad, water pump?

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:59 pm
Senior Forum User

thanks, I picked up a Rad anyways figured it couldn't hurt, it LOOKS to be decent quality for the price, I guess I'll find out...

I'll use this tread but on a different topic, I got my car back from shop the other day had some brake work done, when I start it up tons of white smoke comes from exaust then after couple minutes goes away, I pulled out my pcv and noticed sludge build up and looks to be in the valve covers also, end of last season before putting it away this stuff wasn't there, anyone help me out here? Thanks

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:07 pm
CCFBG Club Member

a bit of condensation is normal but a puff of white smoke is bad news. Are you sure its not blue?..I would change the oil and check again

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:31 pm
Senior Forum User

it could be blue I guess, when I start it you can here the valves ticking and then it goes away but something deffinately wrong

Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:00 pm
Senior Forum User

anyone around qew/erinmills parkway area that can take a look at my ride or know a shop close by that won't reem me? the car is getting worse and I don't want to drive it until I get it checked out, metelhead here on the forum said he could have a look at it but he busy right now and unfortunately don't have much time here as this is my daily driver now, I'll pay someone for there time/gas to help me out here

Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:57 pm
Senior Forum User

what is worse? do you have the new rad on it?

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:19 pm
Senior Forum User

no I don't have the new Rad on yet that is more for piece of mind then anything, this new problem is actually preventing me from driving the car, the next place I drive it must be a shop or someone that can fix it..

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:45 am
CCFBG Club Member

Ok so what is the issue as this thread keeps jumping all over the place. Is there a new rad in it? Is it even a rad issue? You hear ticking and its blowing blue smoke?

My FQuick
My Garage

THE MISSISSAUGA CHAPTER

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:59 am
Senior Forum User

no new Rad in it yet, I drove the car all last season it was fine, pulled it out this season and yes tons of smoke coming out exaust not sure if you would says it's blue or white, it looks more whit to me and you can here slight ticking sound from engine, there is sudge in the valve covers, not sure if coolant or oil is getting in the exaust system but something is deff wrong

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:06 am
CCFBG Club Member

If the oil is chocolate milk color then oil and coolant is mixed together. Many reasons for it but the worst possibilities are cracked block and/or headgasket. Easier reasons could be leaking intake or if you have an oil line that goes to the rad(oil cooler) and both the oil and coolant lines inside the rad is cracked and both fluids got mixed together. Least likely to happen but I have seen it at least once on a thirdgen(350 TPI). Change the oil and do a cooling system pressure check and see if coolant vent somewhere outside of the engine. If not then intake,headgasket or cracked block.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:14 am
Senior Forum User

I'll do an oil change today but not sure how I would test the system, if someone here is capable of doing this stuff I'll pay them whatever it cost

now that you mention the intake last season I would always notice a small amount of coolant around the intake bolts could it have gotton worse sitting over the winter? either way imnot capable of this myself but will pay someone to help me here

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:30 am
Senior Forum User

the water around the bolts couldsimply come from the the water neck leaking like mine those days (common leak) does not affect engine if just a little bit. How is the oil from the dipstcik? What are the motor temperature and oil pressure telling you? So far don't panic , as been said ask for and engine flush and then oil- filter change and go from there. After starage you need to have the car running and get in temperature before judging of anything. Good luck.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:53 pm
CCFBG Club Member

Leaking water neck is never common. If it was leaking, it only take a file to fix the warp.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next