View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Nav for the truck 
Forum Moderator

Post Nav for the truck
I have a 2012 Sierra - and wanted to put a nav system in it. The factory wanted something like 5k for it between the jump in trim level and the option cost.

So...I found this solution. It's an Advent OGM1 - specifically built to look and work like a factory unit. It just plugs right into the factory harness and things like steering wheel controls, etc all still work without any extra modules!

I also installed a backup camera (backing this thing up in parking lots was a pain) and an overhead monitor for my son.

Bought it from Walt at ADCMobile.com. They have the same type of unit for lots of other cars. Walt is great to deal with - I even had a warranty issue with the first unit and he took care of it. He answered all my install questions too.

Pictures:

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:33 am
Junior Forum User

Post Re: Nav for the truck
very nice! good work

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:48 pm
Senior Forum User

Hey Mark that looks slick! Hows the outgoing bt quality? Shame it doesnt utilize the factory mic in the overhead

1987 IROC ww 99 LS1,TR224/112, STG2 heads ported by American Speed, P Gold springs, LS6 intake, SVO 30's, Ported TB, Comp Cromo Push rods, Katech Rod bolts, LS6 oil pump, T56, SW LT's, 8.8 hybrid rear 3.73, 275/40/17 MT ET streets, lots more
12.1 @ 112 mph 1.69 60'

89 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car all stock.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:42 pm
Senior Forum User

Cost?

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:44 pm
Forum Moderator

cam wrote:
Hey Mark that looks slick! Hows the outgoing bt quality? Shame it doesnt utilize the factory mic in the overhead

Better than the factory system - still have the option of using either system and the parrot system in the new deck is better.

Sold - '97 Cayenne Red Z28

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:26 pm
Senior Forum User

I have Parrot in my car and it sucks for outgoing. Incoming is soooo clear though I love it but clients hate it.... My brother in laws MDX you cant even tell when hes talking on it and factory delco bt isnt bad outgoing either but not so clear incoming. I figured the mic had a lot to do with it so whenever I get around to a HU swap on my truck I was going to wrangle the stock Onstar mic ( that thing is clear outgoing everyone loves it ) and hook it to my deck. Just another one of those projects that id like to do but havent had time to actually do.

Nice truck though man. I love mine

1987 IROC ww 99 LS1,TR224/112, STG2 heads ported by American Speed, P Gold springs, LS6 intake, SVO 30's, Ported TB, Comp Cromo Push rods, Katech Rod bolts, LS6 oil pump, T56, SW LT's, 8.8 hybrid rear 3.73, 275/40/17 MT ET streets, lots more
12.1 @ 112 mph 1.69 60'

89 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car all stock.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:54 am
Forum Moderator

cam wrote:
I have Parrot in my car and it sucks for outgoing. Incoming is soooo clear though I love it but clients hate it.... My brother in laws MDX you cant even tell when hes talking on it and factory delco bt isnt bad outgoing either but not so clear incoming. I figured the mic had a lot to do with it so whenever I get around to a HU swap on my truck I was going to wrangle the stock Onstar mic ( that thing is clear outgoing everyone loves it ) and hook it to my deck. Just another one of those projects that id like to do but havent had time to actually do.

Nice truck though man. I love mine

My wife says the Parrot one sounds better than the stock one so who knows. Could be the mic placement too - has an external mic I wired so it is above the rear mirror.

And yeah - love the truck. Great for long trips.

Sold - '97 Cayenne Red Z28

Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]