View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 My car, from the begining 
Forum Moderator

Post Re: My car, from the begining
i think i found the vin tag, it seems to have slipped down the windshield , now i know they use special rivets here, so its off to the ministry i go before i pull the windshield, and see what hoops i have to jump through to reattach the vin to this car. oh yeah i got the drivers door replaced and i am in the process of grinding the rivets out of the asc frame connectors that were put on when they converted it to a vert. Also ordered all fo the body panels, hood shocks, and heater core to get this thing back up to driving condition, lol

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:13 pm
Forum Moderator

well i started ripping into the car, managed to get the ASC frame connector off the drivers side, only to find this

well i broke out the plasma cutter and after catching the car on fire a couple of times ended up with this
now to break out the sandblaster, grinder and some new metal, than on to welding

Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:33 pm
Forum Moderator

this was after sandblasting grinding, and putting a rust killing etching primer on it

this is after welding the piece of metal in it, dont mind the bird poop welding because this is my first time actually welding.

i know there is still some rust under there you can see, but that is being cut out when i go to do the floor pan, and rocker panel. i am only removing little bits at a time so that i dont overwhelm myself with getting to far.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:46 pm
Forum Moderator

Lots of work to go :)

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:19 pm
Forum Moderator

some more cutting

i do love the plasma cutter, it definitely makes cutting a breeze, just make sure you wear appropriate eye wear and a respirator

Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:04 pm
Forum Moderator

well the more i dig the more i find lol

and this is the amount of dirt and rust just from the front of the rocker and floor pan

and i have started replacing the bad chunks of the inner rocker

i should be able to have the floor pan on the drivers side in by the weekend

Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:20 pm
Forum Moderator

first test fitting

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:46 pm
CCFBG Club Member

Where did you end up ordering the new floor pan from?

My FQuick
My Garage

THE MISSISSAUGA CHAPTER

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:05 pm
Forum Moderator

i ended up ordering everything i needed for the body metal from rock auto. even with freight shipping it was about 300 cheaper than anything i could fond around here

Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:12 pm
Forum Moderator

well i started the welding tonight. i was just going to spot weld around the edge, but in the end i decided to weld a bead around the whole thing little bits at a time to keep the warpage down as much as possible.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:23 pm
Operations Team

Nice work.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:40 am
Profile WWW
CCFBG Club Member

Maybe you can cut the vin and surrounding metal off another car and weld it in nice,just a thought.

Good work so far looks like your going to save her rusty ass 8)

Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:56 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

I Think the vin has just slid down the windshield from the rivets rusting off, will find out soon when i pull the windshield. The hardest part will be finding the correct rosseta rivets to make it legal. i will be videoing when i pull the windshield to prove that the car is a legal car, so if there is any question in the future i can show the video.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:18 pm
Forum Moderator

well quick update, i finally got the complete floor pan installed, i have one touch up to make where i didnt cut it right, i also got the drivers side rocker installed, and most of the front lower a pillar closed in. so far it has been alot of work, but most of the drivers side is now complete.

tomorrow i should be able to finish closing in the front, do all of my grinding, and get a coat of primer on the rocker and lower a-pillar and floor board

Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8