View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Windshield cracked in the Formula, Installers in Burlington? 
CCFBG Club Member

Post Windshield cracked in the Formula, Installers in Burlington?
Looking for someone to put and new windshield in the Formula.

I want a top notch job, I have had some installed before where the trimmed looked like crap.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:28 pm
CCFBG Club Member

I used to replace glass for years, most of the replacement windshields out there are aftermarket and the mouldings are generally a little larger than the O.E ones to cover up any old marks in the paint along the roof...problem is that alot of these mouldings do look like crap but they are much cheaper than O.E glass.
Since you've already got a A/M window installed lift the edge of the window mld and see if any marks have been left in the paint, try some paint cleaner/wax and see if the marks will come off...if so you could go back to an O.E window and get the original clean look you want.
Request that the shop you have do the work mask off the inside edge of your fenders and the back edge of the hood to protect that area "most likely place to damage" and remember cheapest is not always best.

CURRENTLY INBETWEEN RIDES

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:01 pm
CCFBG Club Member

I can tell you not to use Speedy Glass (least not the one near me). I needed a windshield in a hurry a couple months ago cuz some kids through a brick through the Firebird windshield....Speedy had it in stock. Install and trim looks pretty clean now, but they ended up getting black silicone everywhere; on the roof, side windows, etc. When I asked them to clean it off they did a half assed job....So I ended up doing it myself.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:47 am
CCFBG Club Member

I can tell you not to use Speedy Glass (least not the one near me). I needed a windshield in a hurry a couple months ago cuz some kids through a brick through the Firebird windshield....Speedy had it in stock. Install and trim looks pretty clean now, but they ended up getting black silicone everywhere; on the roof, side windows, etc. When I asked them to clean it off they did a half assed job....So I ended up doing it myself.

Speedy is notoriously bad for hiring rookies to work for them...no experience+little pay=bad workmanship.

CURRENTLY INBETWEEN RIDES

Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:46 pm
Forum Moderator

Total Auto Glass (Queensway and Kipling Area)

They are also a club sponsor. Great work :D

Just rolling with the dog pound...

Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]